Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Love This" ~~Scraps Of Darkness~~

Good Morning Sweet Friends,  Today is the Scraps Of Darkness Design Team Reveal Day for the November Kit "Water Lillies".  This is a beautiful and versitle kit that includes papers from 7 Dots Studio "7th Wave" by Finnabair, Carta Bella's "Wildflower" collection, and Pink Pailsee's "Color Wash" Collection.  My first project is a layout using 7 Dots Studio-7th Wave papers.

I did a lot of layering for this layout and used Tim Holtz's "Weathered Clock Face" Die Cut along with a chipboard clockface from Imaginarium Designs.  I first dry brushed some Ranger Perfect Pearls Patinas on the chipboard and then lightly sprayed them with some Goosebump to give it a seal and bit of luster.  This is a photo of my niece's little guy Parker, such a little cutie and always with a smile!








And here's a totally different project using the beautiful and versitle November Kit "Water Lillies" from Scraps Of Darkness.

For this layout I used the beautiful papers from the Pink Paislee "Color Wash" Collection from the kit.  I loved doing something different using some pastel colors with a few bold colors also from the kit.  I did a lot of background stamping with some Tim Holtz stamps and used some torn scraps from the papers.  I backed the Pink Paislee Color Wash Tag with some cardstock that I sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang-Mad Hatter Collection Mist-Cheshire Cat-Cherry from the kit.  I also just had to use more of the rustic butterflies from Prima's "Bark Sharpes"…just love them!!  The green rhinestones are from the kit also.

This is a photo of my sweet niece, Zara and her husband Wayne on a Fall photo shoot.









2 comments:

  1. Your projects are simply stunning. Awesome designs and such gorgeous elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I love both of these layouts. The little baby boy is so sweet! He is a cutie for sure! I love the clocks you used. The other layout is beautiful. I too love the pastel and the bold colors. Great designs! Thanks for sharing!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete