Thursday, September 19, 2013

Scraps of Darkness September Reveal Day ~~The Black Album~~ Kit

Good Morning Sweet Friends, Today I'm sharing a couple of DT projects using the incredible September kit "The Black Album"


This kit includes beautiful paper lines this month from Teresa Collins "Memorbilia" paper collection and My Mind's Eye "Chalk Studio" collection, along with some beautiful black and white papers from Imaginisce's "Black Ice" collection.

For my first project I did a layout using this month's sketch.  This is a photo of a high school friend of mine who just returned from a Yoga Retreat in Thailand and I thought this photo was perfect for this kit!!  The chipboard is from Imaginarium Designs (Moroccan) which I altered by painting them black and then using some TH embossing powder (Seafoam White).






And here's my second project using the kit.  For this layout I used a sketch from Sketchabilities (#99).  This is a photo of my friend's oldest son and his family.  I used the Teresa Collins "Memorabilia" collection from the kit.  For the background papers I used a couple of my Heidi Swapp File Folders as templetes and loved how it turned out.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Love the color combo, cluster and flair! Thanks for playing along w/sketch #99 at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! The color is amazing! all the elements on the page works together so well :)) Thanks for join us at Sketchabilities :))) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation of Sketch #99 Karen. The banners and file folders look fab - awesome colours together too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, in my favourite colours! your layout is really stunning! thanks for playing with us at sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, love, love these colors! What a beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors! Great work with the sketches! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the way you used the chalkboard look on your pages !

    ReplyDelete