Thursday, December 15, 2011




Here's a few close-ups of the frame work I did using aluminum foil.  I suggest some foil tape (you can get some at any hardware store)as it is tape and adheres really well.  There's a great tutorial for this on Utube by "Crafty Christina Creations (xstina 5450), her work is beautiful!  First I used some matt gel on the canvas and then positioned some items on the top of that.  I then used some glue & seal over the Tim Holtz Chipboard.    Next I scrunched up some foil and then spread that out over the chipboard, and cut to fit the canvas.  It's best to use a stylist to go around the items you want to highlight.  Then I painted it with some Americana "Terra Cotta", let that dry.  Then I painted over that with some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (Tarnished Brass) and let that dry.  After that I used some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam (Mermaid).  After that dried I used some Tim Holtz Distress Stains (Vintage Photo and Forest Moss).  When that was totally dry I used some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape for the corners and sides of the canvas, which I then used some Mod Podge to adhere the tape.  It's really fun and the colors are beautiful irl!!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you did to get that effect! thanks for sharing your "secrets" karen!

    ReplyDelete